Student Cash Prize Terms and Conditions
GUESSS Australia 2018/19 Student Prize Draw ($2000 prize) – Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter and other details contained within promotional advertisements for this competition form part of the conditions of entry.
2. By entering the competition, entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Terms and Conditions of this competition are governed by the laws of Western Australia.
4. The competition is being run by Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia, 6845 (“Curtin”).
5. The GUESSS Australia Prize draw (“the competition”) commences at 9am Australian Western Standard Time (AWST) on 14th April 2019.
6. The closing time for entering the competition is 9am AWST on 31st March 2019.
7. Entry to the competition is limited to tertiary students studying at a university in Australia, who complete the GUESSS Australia survey.
8. To enter the competition, the entrant must:
(a) complete the GUESSS Australia survey located at https://tinyurl.com/guesss-australia
(b) click on the “Yes I want to enter the prize draw” button within the online questionnaire once you have fully completed the GUESSS Australia survey; and
(c) provide a valid email address in order for Curtin to contact you to advise if you are the winner of the prize draw.
9. Entry to the competition is free. Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering the competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet.
10. Entrants may only enter the competition once.
11. Staff employed by Curtin School of Management and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
12. There will be one (1) prize. This prize will be AUD$2000.00, payable by bank cheque or electronic funds transfer.
13. Subject to clause 15, there will be one (1) draw at 10am AWST on 14th April 2019. The draw will be by lottery ticket, drawn randomly from a barrel containing all eligible entries received, with the first entry drawn being the prize winner.
14. The prize winner will be contacted within seven (7) days of the draw by the email address supplied by the entrant.
15. If the prize winner does not respond to claim the prize within twenty one (21) days of the draw, a re-draw will be conducted within thirty (30) days of the original draw date, by lottery ticket, drawn from a barrel containing all eligible entries received.
16. If the prize winner is proven to be not a tertiary student at an Australian university, the prize is void and a re-draw will be conducted by lottery ticket, drawn from a barrel containing all eligible entries received.
17. If the prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
18. The prize winner, or if under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian, must provide evidence that the prize winner is a tertiary student at an Australian university along with photographic ID, birth certificate or current passport when claiming the prize.
19. The prize winner will be responsible for all costs associated with collecting and using the prize.
20. By entering the competition the entrant agrees that they are over the age of 18 years, or if under the age of 18 years, have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the competition.
21. The cash prize is not transferrable.
22. Curtin is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any problems or any financial costs incurred, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in this competition.
23. Curtin accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
24. Entry into the competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. Entrants are required to abide by the Terms and Conditions as presented.
25. Curtin's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. Personal information provided by an entrant to Curtin for the purpose of entering the Competition will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with Curtin’s Privacy Statement. A copy of the privacy statement is available at http://global.curtin.edu.au/legal/privacy.cfm. Personal information collected will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, loaned or otherwise disclosed to any third party otherwise than in accordance with the Curtin privacy statement and these Terms and Conditions.