The Entrepreneurs' Programme is the Australian Government's flagship initiative to boost business competitiveness and productivity. It provides expert advice and financial assistance to eligible small and medium sized companies. Find out if you are eligible below.
Identify strategies to help your business improve and grow.
Work with the research sector to develop new products, services or processes.
Advice about improving your business through IT systems.
The program offers:
- Tailored expert advice and support to improve your business
- Facilitation of projects with the research sector
- Advice about IT systems and security
- Grants to implement recommendations (note, grants must be matched in cash)
The program can help you:
- Improve management capability, in areas such as HR, financial, marketing and strategy
- Pursue a growth opportunity, such as entering new markets
- Develop new products and services in collaboration with research organisations
- Increase competitiveness and productivity through new and existing technologies
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must be:
- a for-profit company registered and operating in Australia;
- non tax-exempt;
- registered for GST;
- a company with trading activities that are the majority of its overall activities
- have filed Business Activity Statements in Australia showing ongoing trading in at least three successive years;
- have an annual turnover (or operating expenditure) within the current, or one of the last two financial years, between;
- $1.5 million and $100 million, or
- $750,000 and $100 million for applicants from Remote Australia or Northern Australia
You need to be operating in a Growth Sector or provide enabling technology or services to one. The Growth Sectors are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Food and Agribusiness
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources
Your application needs to show your business' commitment to apply the strategies you receive.
You are not eligible if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (however an incorporated trustee that meets the trading activity requirements above may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State or Local Government agency or body (including government business enterprises)
- listed on the Workplace Gender Equality Agency list of non-compliant organisations
Business Management: You cannot have received a Business Evaluation Report, Business Evaluation Action Plan or a Business Review Report in the last five years.
Innovation Connections: Grants can only be accessed to undertake projects recommended by Innovation Facilitators, which will meet the requirements for eligible projects.
Working in partnership with the Australian Government to assist with delivering services for the Entrepreneurs' Programme.