Work with world-class researchers to turn your business advances into reality.
HOW IT WORKS
Collaborating with researchers can help you to develop new products and processes that will boost your competitiveness.
Our Innovation Facilitators can help you to define potential projects and will provide recommendations and support to help you work with the best researcher for your needs.
grant of up to $50,000 is available to pay for part of the project.
Advice from people with relevant private sector experience
Co-funded grants to commercialise new products, processes and services
Connection and collaboration opportunities
Up to $50,000 to support R&D
Innovation Connections: your link to brilliance
1. We understand your needs
Experienced Innovation Facilitators learn about your opportunities for innovation.
• Come to your business premises to gather information about your needs
• Undertake further research and analyse the information off-site.
2. We connect you to the right people
Your facilitator will identify and connect you with the best people and information to help you pursue your opportunities; whether that be other businesses, innovation programs or research institutes.
3. We facilitate a collaborative project
If a research project is the best option, we will facilitate a collaborative project with a research partner. Businesses may access up to $50,000 of matched funding during this phase. You may also be eligible to access a further $50,000 after completion of a second project.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for an Innovation Connections Facilitation, applicants must be an Eligible Corporation that is non tax-exempt and is registered for GST. The corporation must be operating in one or more of the Growth Sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing;
- Food and Agribusiness;
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals;
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services; and
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources; or
- provide Enabling Technologies and Services to one or more of the Growth Sectors; or
- You need to demonstrate you are committed to, and have the skills, capability, intellectual property or expertise to operate in, one or more of the Growth Sectors in the future.
Within the current or previous two years, your corporation must have an annual turnover or operating expenditure between:
- between $1.5 million and $100 million; or
- between $750,000 and $100 million for applicants from Remote Australia or Northern Australia.
It must be solvent and it must have operated in Australia and filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading in at least three consecutive years.
Applicants may still be eligible if their business structure, ownership or Australian Company Number has changed within the three consecutive year period. In this case, the applicant would need to satisfy the Programme Delegate, an employee of the department who has been authorised by the Minister to administer the programme that the business activity statements are for the same business.
You are not eligible if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee that meets the trading activity requirements above may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State or Local Government agency or body (including government business enterprises)
- listed on the current Workplace Gender Equality Agency list of non-compliant organisations